Back to it.

About 2 weeks ago, I was finishing up a client site, and decided to move it off my server to theirs. After packaging it all up and getting it set up on their server, I came back and removed their dev site from my account. Or so I thought. I deleted their site files, and then I went to clear out the database. Well, unfortunately for me, I deleted the wrong database. Namely, mine. (Doh!) So I’ve been searching for the past two weeks for a partial solution to no avail. I couldn’t find a backup database from when I moved to this host, and I never subscribed to my own RSS feed, so I don’t have a copy of ANYTHING except for what I could pull from Google’s cache, which was only the most recent three posts. Sad face. :(

Oh well, you live and you learn I guess. I’m going to start backing up my entire site to Dropbox using the super awesome BackupToDropbox plugin for WordPress. This takes care of the database backups as well as files. So that should prevent this from happening in the future.